I’m afraid you will not read many football based blogs on this site – even during the World Cup. However, I do want to alert you to proposed plans from AFC Wimbledon and Galliard Homes to redevelop the site of the current dog track on Plough Lane.
Although the area technically falls within Merton Council, they are keen to share their proposals with Wandsworth residents and hear our views before putting forward their planning application.
Plans for redevelopment include the following:
– Demolition of the current stadium
– A new 11,000 seat football stadium in the first phase of development, with
– community facilities and hospitality and the potential to extend up to a maximum of 20,000 if and when the club progresses
– Approximately 600 new homes with basement parking delivered by Galliard Homes
– A squash club/fitness club with contemporary training facilities
– Local retail space
– Approximately 330 car parking spaces and cycle parking
– High quality landscaping throughout
The developers are hosting a number of outreach events so local residents can learn more about the plans for the site and offer feedback:
– Friday 27th June, 12 – 8pm
Lola Jones Hall, Tooting Leisure Centre, Greaves Place, SW17 0NE
– Saturday 28th June, 10am – 2pm
Lola Jones Hall, as above
– Tuesday 1 July, 12 – 4pm
Wimbledon Park Hall, 170 Arthur Road, SW19 8AQ
I will be also meeting with the developers separately. If you are unable to attend any of the events above – or if you already have views you want to share with me – you can contact me at my new email address firstname.lastname@example.org or reply at the bottom of this post. In the meantime, I will keep you posted as I learn more.
And now I’ll let you get back to the watching the World Cup.